Wednesday, July 11, 2012

cupcakes

A friend, the cupcake fanatic asked me to go on a cupcake hunt.  I'm more of a tart girl myself, but this will be a fun adventure, or so I thought.

I looked in her FB photos to find where she had gone when she was last here in Paris.  Decided that if I'm going to try a cupcake, the first one must be fanatic approved.  Then if that goes well, I'll hunt for more.  Found Berko on google map and discovered it to be only two blocks from the Christian bookstore that actually carries the music I love.  (french hip-hop)  Perfect excuse to go pick up a new CD or two.  Finding that store was quite an adventure and worthy of its own story.



The line goes out the door.  As I walk in, I am quite enjoying the atmosphere, the decor and the beautifully decorated cupcakes and cheesecakes.  The only problem is the icing is the same size as the cupcake itself! 

 When my turn comes, I order an oreo cupcake.  I grab a seat at the little bar near the entrance.  It's quite dirty as they are so SO busy.  My first bite is the oreo itself.  Delicious!  I love oreos, but haven't had one in a long time.
Next, I take a bite of the cupcake including the icing.  Good, but nothing to write home about.  I remove most of the icing and eat the rest of the cupcake.  The cupcake is rather plain and boring without the icing, but I just couldn't handle all that icing.  I've completely failed the cupcake test!

Cheesecake mini-tart




Now these are some cupcakes I actually want.  Squeal worthy keychains!

Found this in a nearby window.  Don't these look delish!


This is more my speed.  To wash that cupcake out of my mouth, I bought some blueberries at this delicious looking market just across the street.


1 comment:

  1. Cheesecake mini tart for me ... and some of that yummy looking fruit!! Now I am hungry, lol!

    ReplyDelete